In this page you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions about ETC-42.
How to add a JAVA exception rule to allow ETC-42 ?¶
You might encounter difficulties to run ETC-42 software due to JAVA restrictions. If you do so, you can modify your JAVA security rules and add an exception to allow running the ETC-42 JNLP.
- Open a terminal
- First, locate your current java installation by typing : "alternatives --config java"
- Go in the associated directory such as : "cd /usr/java/latest/bin"
- Run the JAVA control panel : "./ControlPanel"
- Go in the security tab
- Modify the websites exception list
- Add the following entry : "https://cesam.lam.fr/Apps/etc_test/launch.jnlp"
- Press OK and close the remaining windows and your terminal
- You are good to run ETC trough the JNLP and/or JMMC Launcher !